Thursday, October 13, 2016

Fun with Words: NaNoWriMo Prep

How to Prepare for NaNoWriMo: Your 4-Week Success Plan


If you’re participating in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) this November , you’re likely gearing up to plan your novel in October. Writing 50,000 words in 30 days takes work, and starting the month prepared makes it easier to hit your goal — or even surpass it.

Since all stories are about an interesting character solving an interesting problem in an interesting way, your first step is to figure out your main character(s), the story problem, and the main goal.

In a few sentences, describe what this novel will be about. This summary will be your guide for October, and help keep you on track all through November.

Reblogged from: http://thewritelife.com/prepare-nanowrimo-4-week-success-plan/

Me: My graduate school course load (my last semester!!) is finally manageable enough (in comparison to the last two and a half years) that I can conceivably participate in a November NaNoWriMo. A national month of writing that has often previously called out to me. To help myself out, I'm reblogging bits of this article and getting the blog post notifications to my email inbox as reminders. Crossing my fingers to at least write a terribly written novel in November.


No comments:

Post a Comment